Jodhpuri Dum Aloo Recipe from Chef Sumit Kedia at Sheraton Hyderabad
Jodhpuri Dum Aloo is one of the delicious side dishes from the cuisine of Rajasthan. It is an altogether different magic of spices that distinguishes Jodhpuri Dum Aloo from other versions of this dish in different parts of India. Executive Sous Chef Sumit Kedia from Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide shares the recipe of Jodhpuri Dum Aloo from his repertoire of traditional Rajasthani dishes with the readers of SliceofRealLife. Besan (chickpea flour) is one of the key ingredients for several recipes in the Rajasthani cuisine. It is unique to the recipe of Jodhpuri Dum Aloo.
Ingredients for Jodhpuri Dum Aloo Recipe
- Cinnamon sticks 1gm
- Cloves 2 pcs
- Hing 1gm
- Saunf powder 1gm
- Sonth powder 1gm
- Chhoti Elaichi 2pcs
- Besan 25gms
- Potatoes 500 gms
- Red chilli whole 1nos
- Refined oil 25ml
- Yogurt 50gm
- Coriander leaves 5gms
- Salt to taste
Step-by-step method of cooking Jodhpuri Dum Aloo
- Boil potatoes till ¾ th cooked, peel and keep aside.
- Mix salt, besan, yogurt and 1 cup water. Whisk well, until smooth.
- Heat oil in kadhai.
- Add red chillies and chhoti elaichi, cinnamon, cloves, hing and fry for a minute.
- Add potatoes and slightly fry in oil.
- Add besan mixture, sonth powder, saunf powder and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring continuously
- Add water if required to adjust the consistency of the gravy to semi thick.
- Add salt and check for the seasoning.
- Finish with chopped coriander and serve hot.